Driving County Roads

An on line journal sharing my views. The content reflects my background as a rural person employed in agriculture and as a retired elected official of local government.

Monday, June 23, 2008

I'M BACK

I have been neglecting to post anything for awhile. Not that there has not been loads of good stuff to write about. Writing has been somewhat neglected in preparation for our Norseland Sesquicentennial event which was this past week end. It was a wonderful time and all of the work was certainly worth it and I think it paid off in the end.
It is estimated between 1500 and 2000 people attended. I can testify that we served over 900 people pork chop suppers in two and a half hours. The weather cooperated. Also, we had wonderful help from many people including the Nicollet County Sheriff, Nicollet County Sentence to Serve and the county administration. Thanks to all.
Evidently "detour" signs are popular room ornaments for young people. We lost a few of them and that is an expense we will have to bear. If anyone hears about some detour signs that are decorating some walls, give me a call. Thanks again. end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home